Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Well what do you know!

A typhoon was headed to our area yesterday afternoon, and cooling rains came. Now it feels great! Lower humidity, temps seem a bit lower. I just wish we could have had more cloud cover today.
We are still thinking about what do for our little vacation. I think we ought to go on a mini road trip. We will see. Yogita is interested in some valleys, friends have been telling us repeatedly about nice and cool they are, even in this heatwave. Yesterday in my listening class, we watched a news clip from a CNN Ireporter. It was about the heat, and pollution in Moscow. According that that report...700 people are dieing everyday due to heat, and pollution. I do not know if it is nationwide or the Moscow area. The reporter also said that in Russia due to mild temps in summer, most people do not use AC. I am now in the market for an AC, so um if you have a portable ac unit....one with wheels....lets us know!

/tata

No comments: