Friday, November 22, 2019

Hindustan is calling...

It looks like we will be staying in Korea for one more year. Of course this could change. Right now we are looking at maybe another 14-15 months here. It is so strange that the last 4-5 years have been better than the first 14-15 years. It truly is frustrating when your visa limits you to just one field. If we had more options I would enjoy my life in Korea more. I know this how Yogita feels this way  as well.

India opens so many opportunities for our sons, as well as the United States. Here...we can not do much. Just trying to live your life you find that there are these things that normal people can do but you can not. Buying cars, or homes. Running a business. I remember back in the day you needed a Korean person's citizen number to help get cell phone service. That means that person is privy to all of the details of how you use your phone. I am so glad that has changed. Having a phone under MY name is so much better.

I feel that Korea is making it harder for certain foreigners to stay here. Especially English teachers. Not offering an option for a 1-3 year visa is one. There are plenty of schools here that fail because they can not hold on to talented teachers. Many teachers here feel the same stress of living year to year. I can not wait until I leave that behind.

Banking ugh. It has gotten better...MUCH better but it still needs improvement for expats.

/tata

No comments: