It has been my experience that since I listened to my mothers advice I have gained very good powers of observation. No I am not a dectective. I can get a vibe from people just because I "shut up and listen". Case in point I had a friend who for some reason didn't like my wife. He would make snide remarks, to which Yogi would respond with a smart witty reply.
He decided (at a very bad time), to open an English academy. I really wonder what goes through peoples mind when they open a business with no proper plan or team in place. The new business was failing to put it simply. They needed a proper team. They knew how good my wife is at not only running a school, but as an awesome teacher as well. The night in question this friend was very polite and friendly to my Yogi. This struck me as very odd, but it felt so welcoming because I had love for this person.
Well Yogita is no fool either. She also felt odd. I still remember we were in a grilled pork resturant when Yogita asked: "You are never this nice to me, what is up with you?". At this moment I looked his wife right away. The look on her face said "Do not screw this up!". Josh promply answered "I have to be nice to you if I want your help." His wife looked annoyed which told me his true feelings. He has always hated her. I should have known about this since my previous employer and very good friend showed how she felt about Yogita making one teacher a little embarrassed, and Josh then stating "She fucking loves Yogita". Of course he was not smiling as he said this. I was distracted as I could not stop laughing. I was observing Mrs Choi the entire night and knew her intentions as she got up to leave. I am leaving out certain details on pourpose.
I heard other things as well that led me to sever ties with certain people. The end result, I am happier, less stressed, and can focus on the people that truly matter. I have learned some very valuable lessons. I have also shown a remarkable amount of self-control.
Even where I am currently employed, I listen very carefully. It has helped me in so many ways. The bible says to be Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;.
The result is that when I do get angry my words have far more of a postive impact, I need to work more on this, MUCH MUCH more. But to the other reader of this blog...it is so funny when people do not realize you silence means you are actually listening very closely, and learning things.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment