There are days when living in South Korea can seem like any other place. Then are days that remind you that yes you are living in South Korea. Yesterday, I finished my class at the normal time. I was handling some paperwork like I do every Thursday. However, this time I get called to the front desk. Paul my friend and boss is standing there looking worried, and annoyed. I am then informed that we have to watch three videos. They are required for Teachers or any jobs where one is in contact with children.
The deadline? Today Friday at 7pm. Ok, that is not such a big deal. But actually, it is. You see I needed to register at two different websites. This is no easy task as an ex-pat. The menus are totally in Korean. It took some time but now I was able to fully unlock my phone's services.
Previously, I could not use Samsung pay or Kakao pay. I could not authenticate my identity. Now my smartphone is my wallet. I can go shopping online at the click of a button. For example, before I needed to buy Amazon gift cards then go shopping. Now? I can just start shopping when let's say there is a really good deal on some product I have my eye on.
So it was crazy difficult but now life here is going to more "free" than before.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment