We do this every year before heading to immigration to renew our visas for one more year. Usually, we pay car taxes and other car-related penalities. Then we make sure that our alien cards have enough space on them. The immigration officer was so kind to us last year by writing in marker instead of having us spend about 240,000 won on new cards. Well, now we will have to fork over the cash. The nice thing is that we are more able to do this than we were last year.
We have both decided that purchasing a car will be a decision that we will take our time on. In addition, we will only work with our friend Joseph in Gunsan. No one else! There are just too many looking to scam or use bait and switch tactics.
If we decide to buy a car its main use will be daily driving for supplies, camping on weekends, and short drives around our province. I do not plan to use the car for long-distance travel. For trips like that, I will get special insurance and use rentals. The price of rental cars has dropped considerably.
There are so many traps in this world if you are not careful. Some of them are toxic friends, purchasing expensive items that were not well thought out, going into debt, living above your means. These are only a few of these stumbling blocks that are in our world.
I recently heard that a toxic friendship we cut off said rude things about us. My answer? Good riddance! I have more peace in my house which is priceless!
Well, we will continue tying up loose ends until we extend our visas in late March or early April.
One more hour before class. I guess I'll read my bible.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment