We were gaming the other night when Yogi noticed that her game was lagging. This was odd as I was not and we are on the same network. This made it easy to figure out something was not right about her pc. I then listened and I heard a strange noise coming from her gpus fans. Then I noticed that one fan was spinning very slowly due to a builld up of dust. Fortunately the other fan was spinning at normal speeds. So I cleaned the fan and the heat heat sink below it. However, I had to clean it again and I noticed that the lubricant in the fan bearing was drying out. However, I could not remove the cooling shroud so that I could get at the fan motors. I think once our move is done I will take one more crack at it. If I fail to remove that screw then I will have to dump the entire GPU, or figure some other way to salvage the card.
So right now my back up white pc which George is using I want to replace it something more compact powerful but not expensive. Maybe I will get Yogita a totally new rig early spring. My own rig I will just upgrade storage and replace case fans.My system is so nice especially for the uses we have for it. The old black pc I really want to overclock it and put a water coolor on the cpu. These are all minor things. I want more storage as I can place large amounts of good tv shows on it. If we are in India we might have download caps. So being able to have a very large library of movies and tv shows is a nice option to have.
Ok time to get this work part of the day started.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment