In India in the place where I stay I see some age old human ideals that are ugly. I saw this in South Korea, and The United States. We act like we are owed things like respect honor, or kindness due to our age or station in life. This is truly ugly to me.
According to this idea, it is ok to shout at a child and verbally abuse them (I was guilty of this too!) Yet, if you go back in time to when the elders were young they HATED it when people would shout at them and verbally abuse them. Yet according to traditions of men this ok because "it happened to me" "it helped me become the person I am today". Such stupidity! Especially, among those who claim to follow Jesus's teaching calling themselves Christians. Once, again I was doing the same thing. I am not perfect, nor are my hands free of such practices which I practiced in the past. I will say this, I am striving to not continue doing this.
Another stupid thing I see is "respect is earned". From what we can see of Jesus's life he freely gave love, respect and honor to those with whom he interacted. He freely gave these things. Today, some cultures age equates to more respect to be given. Another stupid tradition. An older man or woman can act foolishly running after what they think is correct. I saw this at the last school I taught at in 2025. My boss an older woman had a really stupid idea that stressed out teachers left and right. Yet, she demanded and received respect (although in my 3 year tenure I have seen more than 30 teachers quit). In her eyes some of them were lazy and selfish. Actually, her practices were stupid. Yet, she is able to make large sums of money babysitting students. This aids into the illusion that she has wisdom on how to teach a language.
What will happen when Jesus's rule extends to the Earth after his second coming? On this occasion, our King might deem a mere boy of 26 years as worthy of being a leader over thousands or millions. Will we look at him and think, "I am 50 years old! I will not listen to this puppy!"
You see, these traditions are based on the fleshly view that the bible teaches us is very limiting. We must learn and meditate on how Jehovah sees. Not the outward appearance, but the fruitages of the spirit. That puppy has a spiritual maturity that the firstborn of all creation has taken notice of. Also, if he has taken notice of it we can understand fully that Jehovah, the 144000, and the other angels have seen it too!
Now, I may seem to be bashing my former boss, but that is not my aim. You see I thought at many times over the 25 years of teaching in Korea that I know the way to teach. Now, I see that if I were in her position, I too would act in the same way. Very likely much worse. I would be more successful, make more money, and sin in a way that is far worse!
I would have partied more, taken money that does not belong to me. I would have shown off what I was able to accomplish. My former boss? She knew it was "not a normal way." She even told me with words laced with worry and stress for me, that she would try something to help me. Truly, she has love in her heart. But we humans we do not know that way. We need God's word to teach us better traditions. I am working on that now. It is not easy at first, but I have learned being consistent, makes making these changes easier.
So I will keep working to root out the ugly traditions my parents taught me and make new ones based on bible principles. The traditions of our elders are ugly if they are not based on love or bible principles.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment