Ok so anyway we felt like dog poo, I mean we had been through the mill. Poor Yogita had a bad case of airsickness (we maybe it was the food...who knows for sure). On the final leg of our trip to India she was feeling much better. So on the plane she was exhausted, and only wanted to sleep, I on the other hand was very excited, and worried at the same time. How would I be received, I had always felt that Yogita's sisters strongly disliked me. My Hindi was so poor, so so poor. I really wanted to talk to Yogita about how I was feeling but. She was fast asleep just minutes after takeoff...poor thing. George was also sleeping, soundly! He was so well behaved; George showed remarkable discipline throughout the whole 15 hour or more ordeal. He would play by himself and talk to Yogita and I.When we arrived...well I can put it...there were two things that stuck out in my mind. First the airport, later the traffic. Ok the flight was short and pleasant no turbulence of any kind. 45 minutes later we flew into Lucknow airport. My goodness the airport looked sooo...classic...like something from the 60's or 70's. They rolled those stair thingys up to plane (I have only seen it on TV, and in movies up to that point), it was old and rickety. Out of the airplane we were met by a slightly damp warm climate. I smiled...I could not help it..finally I was here, I and Yogita worked so hard to get to that point...the main difficulty was getting the time off...after all who would want to reschedule a wedding cause we were late?I will recount those hardships later....ugh so stressful!Ok I my time is expiring...I must put some work together for my class for Tuesday night.
Tata Daewoo!
Jeyo
1 comment:
Hi
there were some great compliments for lucknow. after all someone need to preserve the history , ha ha ha, u have been offline long. But I regularly visit ur blog . u reached Lucknow too late means too slow in updating. lets hope next writeup would come up soon with few more great compliments.
bye
Post a Comment