Thursday, April 05, 2007

Almost over!

The paperwork with the insurance company is almost over. We feel that they have compensated us quite well, we have been able to get a better car than before (much cheaper too!), and with the other cash we will be upgrading our pc's. We have recently gotten 2 newer model notebooks.

On the subject of upgrading pcs....duo core cpu's seem to be the way go. However I am not about to jump on the bandwagon. I am thinking about picking up a 3 ghz cpu for myself (currently mine is only a 2ghz overclocked to 2.4ghz) Yogita on the other hand has much better cpu 2.8ghz, I have not overclocked her cpu yet.

Needed upgrades....new motherboard, more ram (about 1 gig more for me, and yogita), better graphic cards...need to some more research in that area, in terms of hhd space...I think I will be getting a larger hhd, the 40gig, and the 8gig that I am using is barely cutting it. I think....80gigs will be enough, I am not a fan of huge hhd's because if they fail...and you did not backup data...then...100 or 250gigs......gone just like that. However, with smaller hhds you have to burn backups because you will run out of space.

I am hoping about 700,000 won should be enough for these upgrades....actually if I go to Young-san...500k should be enough. Maybe even less. I will be looking into prices this week, and make the purchases next week.

ok i gotta go Yogita is telling me something about...well...I better log out!


Jeyo!!

2 comments:

Mike said...

post the pics of George and u guys! Alaska has been very nice. The weather has been incredible! Jemilah will post pics of the visit on the kids websites soon. We leave tomorrow and then it back to business as usual. talk to soon

Mike said...

we r back n philly. Ak was gr8! write back