Wednesday, March 09, 2016

A very cold March..

Well like in 2014 the cold is lasting longer than usual. I plan to make sure that if we leave Korea that we will bring with us AT least 4 heating blankets. When we were last in India Yogita and I suffered due to not enough heating blankets. This was my fault as we left a perfectly working heating blanket in Korea.

So this time round BRING MORE THAN WE NEED. It is amazing how much good they can do! So this summer I will be on the look out buying them off of Gmarket. They are great when camping as well. Even in summer months it can get a bit chilly at night when you are out in the open. For that matter, spring, and fall can be chilly as well.

Since we have a pretty long stretch before there are any holidays we do not have much planned. One thing Yogita and I have been talking about is downloading loads of mini series. You never know when the time will come when you have to leave a country.

In South Korea right now there are war games about to take place. North Korea has stepped up as they always do around this time of year with threats of attacking South Korea, and the USA. One recent threat perhaps a couple of days ago, was that North Korea is able to place nukes in warheads.

So basically if we have to get out of dodge so to speak, there are some vanities I want to take with me. I want to create a digital library of mini series. They are such great fun, and we do not need to worry about internet access, and bandwidth.

I have a friend in India Alex. I think he is on a 4mb/s connection which is actually decent for up to 720p videos to stream on say youtube. But if you want that finer detail like 1080p, or if you have a 4k monitor...you had better suck it up and pay big bucks for fiber net. I have done it, and I think I will do it again. However, having a large library of stuff to watch means that it will not crimp our style. We can download new stuff at slower rates while watching the older stuff we have.

I know it seems stupid to be considering this when nuclear war might be on the menu tomorrow....LOL. However, it is the little things, the creature comforts that seems to make sense at times like this. In South Korea the mood is "slightly concerned, but likely not a big deal".

I wonder what people said in Crimea when the Russians were massing.

/tata

No comments: