Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Stupid Restaurant Owner

Yogita and I have been loving our exploration of Chinese food in Korea. The locations that we go to are staffed by Chinese. Many customers are Chinese as well. So the food is not Koreanized in anyway. WOW it tastes great!

Well we went to a restaurant that we have been regulars for over 3 months last Friday. At this restaurant the food is excellent, the service is on point as well. Well there is one guy who never smiles.

Anyway it is time to pay and we pay using our debit card. There seems to be a problem so we have them try the card again. At this point they claim that it still did not go through. At this point Yogita agrees to the ATM and withdraw the cash. She notices something isn’t right with our account. She comes back and tells me to check our account on my phone. I do and I notice that they charged our account twice and was ready to take even more money from us. I got angry and was ready to call the police. Yogita tells me lets give them a chance because they said they would pay by tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning they still did not honor their word. So we head back to the restaurant and demand that they do the right thing. Oh but this time they need time they are in a mountain having a good ole time can we wait until 6pm.

At this time we have had enough. Without telling the owner we go to the cops. The cops threaten to file charges against them because they have done this before. UGH such STUPID people. Now we will never take our business there. If any of our friends are interested in Chinese food we will steer them clear of that restaurant. I think with more people from China coming to Korea situations like this might happen more. I do not know why they thought they could get away with it. Perhaps in China the cops get bought off. Actually they do there is a very informative YouTube channel that gives advice to foreigners living and working in China.

Anyways we returned to the police station thanked them and went on our way.

/tata

No comments: