Since we have returned to South Korea at the end of 2013 summer have been getting worse. A long time student of mine told me that the summer of 2013 was really bad. I spent that summer in Hyderabad working. It was not bad at all, due to the area that we lived in was at a higher elevation. Heat we experienced was a dry heat.
In Korea there are really 3 weeks in the summer where it is really unbearable. Then the temperatures either go cooler or warm up (depending on the time of year). I would say Korea is cold more than it is hot. The hot season can be VERY rough though. I used to wonder why many Korean do not use the AC like Americans do. Now I understand. The cost of running the AC is very pricey here, in addition to there being only 3 weeks of heat that is really intense. Also many Koreans do not sweat like people back in the States do. So running the AC can become very uncomfortable.
That being said in the winter people keep their homes very warm, for me uncomfortably warm. Korea is mostly cool to bone chillingly cold. So when visiting Korean homes it can get very toasty.
Right now we are at the peak of the this heat season or rather coming off of the peak. I look forward to fall and winter, I can get back to long walks with Yogita.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment