There are some things I feel are needed and with the coming holiday, I hope to complete some of these upgrades. They mainly focus on the PCs I have given to my sons to use. One PC I call it the white PC needs to be replaced. Actually, the motherboard is okay but a RAM slot is damaged and it is very cheap to just replace the motherboard.
Right now Yogita and I use an app called Karrot Market. It is an online site where people can sell second-hand goods. You see in South Korea, there was and still is (in older generations) a stigma related to using second-hand goods. So when I would go to buy items from a second-hand shop the prices would often be too high. The owner would say that it is actually a new item.
Now, with regular people using the Internet to sell goods prices are normal now! I can get a very good 6th to even 8th gen intel-based PC for very little money. My plan is to get a tower place my gtx 780ti in it and go from there. Saves time, and money, and upkeep is super easy. While at the same time, it is very powerful. Oh, I plan to have base 16 gigs of RAM in it as well. The black PC (I name all of my computers) needs better cooling for the CPU. I want to get a second-hand AIO cooler for it. Perhaps I will make sure the fan on the radiator is new.
I do want to get upgrades for my system namely a 1080ti GPU (1070ti looks more likely) and a better storage option. Basically, a PCI card that can house multiple m.2 SSDs. For Yogit'a PC upgrading the RAM and putting in a 1070ti is my plan.
My main focus is the white PC as it is falling apart. During the holidays or perhaps next week I can buy a tower and salvage the white PC. I hope to have all of these upgrades in place before Jan 2024.
We shall see. But the main target is the white PC.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment