As it is January 2024 I will be looking to repair my fold 3 and upgrade to the fold 5. I love these phones. They are versatile. It is like having 2 phones in one. The inner screen is very large but not too massive like a tablet. storage is weak because there isn't an SD slot. My Fold 3 had 512 GB. When I upgrade I will get a terabyte. I want to have all of my pictures and videos on one device. With the fold 5 finally the camera is a bit better. Yogita will take the fold 3 (after I get the battery replaced, and screen replaced). The Note 10 will go to George. While the note 8 will be used by Jeyo at the kingdom hall, conventions, when traveling, and monitored usage at home. I am not making the mistake I made with George. Ugh, this world is horrible fortunately my sons serve Jehovah and do their best to obey their parents.
But this will not happen until May or June. So for now maybe I can get the screens repaired and then put this phone in an armored case to protect it.
Computers I will put 9th or 10th-generation GPUs in the computers the boys use. I might go with AMD of a similar generation. I really want small form factor cards, For Yogita and I we need GPUS with more VRAM. 8 gigabytes minimum. I am on the lookout. When I find a good deal I will put the 1060 6 GB cards in the computers the boys use. I will take my time with these things so that my attention is not totally focused on these things. I will be looking for a shaving kit for George but I need to wait on this as well. Young people change their minds OFTEN. What is cool today is then not something they are interested in later. I know this from my own actions in the past.
So for tech, I am still going to use old tech. RTX cards are too much fluff. I do like the higher VRAM they have. The games that we play (Yogita and I) need a lot of Vram but not very powerful GPUs.
Our go bags are in the process of getting kitted out. If war or some natural disaster occurred we would be ok for about 3 to 4 days. I am looking to double this with the go bag itself. Then add two days of supplies with an additional satchel that can be easily carried across the chest with more water and food.
So totally if we rationed it, it could last two weeks. In the coming months, I will expand this to have a cache of food and water to extend this to two more weeks but stored in the car and in the house. If we move to India I will rebuild the food and water caches. Food needed canned beans, fruit, spam, with some MREs to round things off. Lastly, I will make sure to have more instant noodles. They are so light and last a long time. I can have a cache in the car and in the house without taking up too much space.
Ok, time to get back to prepping for tomorrow.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment