I was tempted a few weeks ago. The situation was strange. I decided to park a bit down the street in Sin-dong so that Yogita and I could get some walking in. As I am walking I see a group of people. Something about them looked familiar. I have not seen them in over a year. Ah! They were some of those people whom I used to spend a lot of time with! Drinking patting each other on the back, drinking way too much. So much so that it always caused issues among us. The next was always spent with: what did I do? Did I offend you? Who did I hurt this time? ALL THE WHILE I was ignoring my wife and irritating my children. Ok, things improved somewhat as we had our regular family bible studies. In fact, they improved a lot. But not enough not nearly enough!
So when we returned to Jehovah's organization and gained true friends. Those who live their lives by God's standards who disown themselves, this is when spending time gained a new positive meaning. You see I would "spend" time with Yogita and then race to the bar to "spend" time with others. The Bible states that we should honor our wives. I was honoring everyone else except my wife.
Now ALL of my time is consumed with my family and friends. ALL OF IT. I feel complete. My sons are spending time in another city with Ben and his wife Kelly. They will do this more often as we work out the kinks.
This proper spending of time really makes time fly. Time in this system flying by doing the right thing is a gift from Jehovah. I must remember these days. The days coming will be longer than the days we are living in now. I want to document these days as much as possible so as to remember them as a lesson for tomorrow.
For too many times, I have taken Jehovah's wonderful gifts given to us in this system of things for granted. Jehovah is truly a loving God. Truly he is love. We have a test before us and ALL OF THE ANSWERS are given to us. We just need to humble ourselves and listen. If we seek Jehovah he will draw close to us!
As a teacher, there are so many times I want to give the answer to the students as I can see them stressing so much. I can see that our current system is broken. We should always freely give the answers as Jehovah does!
I look forward to Thursday, and Sunday for family time. I looked forward to Friday and Saturday for time spent with my wife. I look forward to Monday-Wednesday for family time. I think this is a very good way to "spend time".
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment