Friday, May 03, 2024

Two years with the fold 3. To upgrade or not?

This has been my first foldable, and I am glad that I waited 3 years before deciding on the fold 3. Now I will not be trading this phone in. I will be keeping it and likely passing it on to Yogita. She seems mildly excited about the phone. She loves the Note 10+ but she also loved the Note 8. 

I think the fact that she is not so picky and adapts to new technology then thoroughly enjoys it is very encouraging. We live in an instant gratification world. A powerful way that satan uses to mislead so many.

Many people today think that death is a natural part of life! They are familiar with many of Jesus's teachings. However, they have eyes and ears but discern nothing with them. That is sad. If everyone only knew our salvation is very near! 

I know a large number of people will come out of the great tribulation. A very large number will. 

Ok so to upgrade or not? I am leaning towards upgrading. The Note 8 needs a big rest and then refurbishing, so giving the Note 10+ to George is a good way to go. He has shown a lot of maturity.  The note 8 with supervision will be given to Jeyo. It is funny but every family I see no, not every family but perhaps 90% of the families around me do the same thing. Either two phones get upgraded every three years, or one gets upgraded every year. In no time every family member has a nice phone. Older model but still overkill. In some families who live above their means or show off their means of life every family member gets an upgrade every two to three years. 

I think it is not a good way. It is another distraction in a world FULL of them. People mistake the dopamine rush of getting something new for real happiness. Then when the rush is over that item does not bring happiness. Just another tool, that ages and succumbs to the environment we live in. Like Jesus said Earthly riches rot, rust, and can get stolen. Yogita lost the original note 10+ I handed down to her. 

So Goerge when you read this know that yes you will be getting an upgrade soon. But for the love caution do not put it in a "cool looking" case. The Note 10+ is VERY FRAGILE. I have broken it twice, and your mother has broken it once. Every time it was not in the ugly case. If it is broken (screen) it will remain that way for a looooooonnnng time. Anyway, I love you! 

Ok, time to get this work part of the day started. Heading into a three-day weekend.

/tata

2 comments:

TheSpaceMann said...

ugly case it is Father. Cant ruin such a nice phone:) Btw the case on the note 8 is getting really loose LOL. You were right. LOVE YOU TOOOOOO!

Jeyo said...

I love you too!