I will likely be able to stay one more year here in South Korea. This means our main mission will stay the same but there will be some changes. For example, we plan to send the boys ahead of us as we wrap up this final year. That means sending the boys, while we shut down our apartment slowly over the weeks and months. I will gradually move us over to portable systems towards the end of the year OR pack everything and rebuild when we are in India in 2026. This might be the best option. Purchasing portable systems in India makes sense as I can get warranty service, and repair services easily.
This year will be a winding down. Unless Korea makes big changes next year it is no long viable to stay here. It is like having a hand tied behind your back all of the time. Paying for certain items via installments is very useful. It can be very dangerous as well. However, purchasing a second-hand car (a very good one) on an installment plan should not be a hassle to set up. Purchasing newer phones on installment plans should be just as easy. It would be nice if we could rotate newer older phones than just one. The really old one then becomes prone to more issues.
I do know that this is also very dangerous. If one does not live a simple life these payments can add up to a real mountain of pure anxiety.
A man over the weekend who lives near where I work jumped to his death last weekend. There are no news stories about it. It is spoken about in hushed tones. This world is full of people thinking about ending their lives. I will make sure to live a simple life, an enjoyable one while we wait patiently for the coming kingdom and a real life. The real life is coming.
If my special additional requests are not met, perhaps there will not be an additional year here.
India will not be a cake walk, however. But that is for another post. Perhaps in the coming months,
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment