Well after volunteering...I can only say this....it is a real mess out there. I also ended up getting sick, came down with the flu. I am on the mend though.I will post the picture I had my students take of me when I went up to Tae-an. The oil slick has actually sunk into the ground. We spent about 2 hours using absorbent material to soak up any oil puddles, and used fibrous material to wipe away the oil from rocks. It was backbreaking. Then after lunch we proceeded to the toughest part of the job, going after the oil that had sunk into the ground. This meant breaking up piles of oyster shells that sort of stuck together, and getting at the thick congealed oil underneath. This was a hands on job.....and tough. One of my students vomited.
All in all it was good, our work had made some good progress on that beach.
All of us will be going to Muju for the weekend. Well actually next week on Monday we will leave. I want to take some pictures of this region it is really pretty. Actually it is very nice all year round, very scenic. ok I gotta go..
Jeyo
No comments:
Post a Comment