Tuesday, June 09, 2009

ok some more....






You see these pictures have been in the works for while. However, We have had such busy schedules for quite some time now. In this series I want to show Mu-ak Mountain. Basically if a mountain in Korea has the -Ak suffix, it means it has many rocks, and is quite tough. A number of people have died on that mountain.

Of course we did not know this when we started. Let me tell you all this...in Korea mountains might not be as high as in USA, India, or Europe. They are tricky, beautiful, and dangerous all at the same time. With drops of a several hundred feet..and sheer cliffs.....ugh scary stuff to say the least.

Ok let me spell check this....

Oh one more thing..this is the first time since the flight from America to Korea (the plane dropped 100 meters and scared the poop out of me), where I thought I would die.

Basically there was a sheer Cliff, with only a small rock on to which you had to place your foot in order get across. I told the other climbers...Yogita's students...uh i am bit tired. Well I scared. Yogita went over, and so I followed. Later on that same trail we had more tough spots. However, I decided I would not turn back due to that one place with the sheer drop, with that little rock....UGH.

Ok ok pics...ok here they go!!


P.S Now the last picture shows my bravery!....NOT!! I was at the bottom of the mountain by then....LOL I even had some soju up there (a nice bit if I may say so myself!!)


2 comments:

Jeyo said...

nice post! beautiful pics. We had loads of fun!!! very nice memories

Jemilah said...

Crazy!