Thursday, June 11, 2009

Slum Dog.....

I just read the news about the boy's family getting apartment. The size? 250 square meters!! That is soooo small! In Mumbai Yogita and I almost rented out an apartment. The size was much larger than the one this little boys family is moving into. It was a 2 bedroom apartment located about 60 km outside of Navi Mumbai. It was pretty far from the downtown Mumbai.

I think it is so unfair that this little boy who helped the film earn millions and millions of dollars...is get a little crap apartment. The total value is quite at 50,000 USD, or 2.5million rupees. However, I think it does not matter. They should get a very nice place with good educational facilities nearby. I have seen Mumbai up close and personal. In that HUGE city you can see the best and worse of both worlds. People live at two extremes, on one hand you have children moving thier bowels right in the road, with open sewage. Then you see manhattan style apartments, with western style resturants.

Sheesh I can only say this...people get real....stop being so cheap and let the kid have a few million bucks...then hire him again in another movie.

tata

p.s tomorrow is friday.....so um like....oh yeah!!

No comments: