Some days are not easy and they open your eyes to fact that life is something that should not be taken for granted. My father in India isn't doing well. I saw him briefly while video chatting. I saw his face. He looked...drained, depressed like something was stressing him. I wanted to talk to him but it is always best if I am with him in person. Then we can really spill out our hearts to each other. I know that many family members do know of the many chats we had. AH, I miss them now! At the time it was great wonderful. However, we would regularly chat and discuss things. I grew to take that time for granted. Now he is not doing so well. His Tatul (nickname given to Yogita) is so worried about him.
I have one regret. I wish I did not take the job offer in Hyderabad. He was practically begging to accept a low salary and stay in Lucknow. I wish I had listened. NOW I get it. We could have spent so much time together.
I remember when my mother in America died. Ah... I saw her briefly once again via video chat. I knew her time was close. What a painful time that was. It still is actually. I know my brothers and sisters are also coping with that loss.
He taught so many things he would never teach anyone else. So we are going to try two things. Have dad visit us in Korea, or we will visit him in Lucknow.
I was planning to do a tech update... can't do that right now. My mind is in Lucknow. My heart is in Lucknow. At times like this, I wish I could just jump up off of the ground and fly directly to where family members need help.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment