In Iksan there has been an outbreak for the last three weeks. Now finally the new numbers of infected cases are at 13 as of now 2:55pm today. I have been cleaning desks, students' hands, my own hands, and surfaces diligently. I am hoping that this year we will be able to run more smoothly. With no more shutdowns, like we had two weeks ago. Of course, we were lucky our winter vacation was scheduled for that week. Then last week we had to shut down on Wednesday. I would say that the word shut-down has become a new common word. Sort of like bailout was back in 2008.
In South Korea, the number of new cases is decreasing. Of course, newspapers still use alarmist language when reporting the daily number of cases. We are under new social distancing guidelines. All restaurants must close by 9pm. Certain other multiuse facilities must close at 10pm. So this means Yogita and I have had to adapt yet again. Our date nights keep changing. Thanks Covid! However, some places we used to frequent will likely not see our business anymore. This is because we are having more fun NOT going there. I am talking about local bars or pubs. They can be fun, but we sing together or play scrabble, strategize about our online gaming adventures, among other activities like ordering late-night soup, we have more fun!
We also discuss spiritual matters, our boy's future, our future plans, issues within our relationship, and of course work. So why should we go to a bar where others many of whom are not close to us wants to encroach on our time? This is not saying it is not fun socializing, but it will not be a weekly affair anymore. If we stay in South Korea and covid-19 outbreaks become a thing of the past, I will buy a car. Then weekly we will head to nearby cities and enjoy some sites. As a family, we will go camping more. If we relocate to India then the plan is a lot more exciting. We will settle down in a city we want to live in (South India is gorgeous!). The job market is very strong for both us Yogi and I. In fact, it is also great for George.
So let's hope covid slows down long enough for us to catch a breath!
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment