Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Making changes for the good.

 My wife and I have decided to do two things regularly going forward. First, in 2020 November we decided to exercise more. The results I have posted are about; losing weight (slowly), recovering faster if we are injured. To make this change we had to make the time. The key is to make the time. That is the key. We here in this system of things actually have time. It is short if you look a the big picture. But, it is long enough to do good in our lives. Jesus says one of the greatest commandments is to treat others as you want to be treated. This is a powerful statement. 

Today people tend to be very selfish. There is this common saying that goes like this "You can not forgive others until you forgive yourself". I do not understand this. How can I forgive MYSELF of a sin I committed to others, or against God? How selfish to think I will be sitting there saying "Hey Jemal it is ok what you did. I forgive myself." Rather than trying to reach out and say sorry, confess, and in turn repent. Repenting I am learning is an active thing. You struggle not to do the same wrongdoing. For me, prayer and reading the bible really helps me. I find that JUST reading is not helpful. The bible is full of advice and guidance for different issues or areas of our lives. 

So I find that reading my bible, and walking (about 4 or 5 days each week) really helps me. 

I feel that if we are going to be ready for what is coming we need to think carefully about how we live our lives in this world.

/tata

No comments: