Friday, August 23, 2024

A very nice Thursday

 So here I am at work. I never thought I would be in the situation I am now. 

You see last year we were having regular weekly bible studies as we had been inactive for a long time. 

So field service was to drop the boys off (if our bible study was on Thursday) have the study drive Yogita to work, and then I would go to work.

Fast forward one year later things have changed A LOT. Yogita wanted to expand her ministry. So she prayed to Jehovah about it earnestly. At the time a change was needed at her workplace. That change gave her the opportunity to cut back on work hours (earnings dropped then stabilized) and expand her preaching work. Well, what about me? I too prayed and thought what about my Thursday? I was very nervous because the place where I work teachers have to do far more than in "normal" academies. I was just sort of getting the hang of it. As my Boss's husband smugly told me one day last year "You are making fewer mistakes'. This was true. But I still just wasn't confident enough to go into service yet. About three months ago I decided to auxiliary pioneer for 15 hours a month. Going on Thursdays, and Sundays to preach about the coming kingdom meant that it could work out well. Also, my library of apps has grown a lot. 

So it started to get easier to prep for classes. See which grammar area they are in pull up a worksheet related to it, and make modifications if needed. I practiced doing it on Wednesday evenings. I would pretend I would go out in field service the next day. So I would prepare all of my worksheets so that all I would have to do was check, edit, and print. This takes about 15 to 20 minutes. 

So yesterday I was able to get my work prepped very quickly, and then make it to field service. 

This change has given me so much satisfaction as I know I am doing what Jesus told us to do!

Now it is Friday and I am finishing this post. I never want to go back to the way things were before, NEVER. Now, I have more peace happiness, and contentment. I still make many mistakes, but I know I should pray read my bible daily, and work on my shortcomings. Staying away from the old crowd I would hang out with also help. I know that if I go back to the old way it will be even worse than it was before.

/tata


No comments: