Since the beginning of man-made governments, people have suffered. Some people feel that this is just a normal part of life.
I find it strange, as they will complain about rules, laws, and taxation. All the while living in a world where those with money can circumvent all of those laws. Call it bribery or lobbying; it is all extremely unfair, with some very strict rules for entry.
Sometimes these rules were put in place hundreds of years ago. Others are put in place by successive governments, and if you look closely, they are strict and unfair. The laws are so confusing when dealing with large sums of money that many who get entry into the club of the wealthy end up in jail.
God's way or rather, we should use his name, which he wants us to use, Jehovah's way, is perfect.
In South Korea, many students commit suicide when they score poorly on their version of the SAT. The government response? In many areas, law enforcement distorts suicide deaths, calling them "accidents".
One student told me on a Monday, looking very disturbed, that he saw a person jump from an apartment. We found out later that it was a female student who was "studying" in a hallway in the apartment. She wanted to "get some fresh air" and moved a chair next to the window as it was high up. She then stood on this chair to "get some fresh air" and fell to her death.
It was explained to me that this was done to protect property values and the image of the local society.
Jehovah is love. In the Bible, we are given guidelines and basically told what we should and should not do. We are given so many examples of people who did wrong or practiced what is right. We can see it as an open-book test where, if you follow the faithful and discreet slave, the answers are well outlined for you.
In this man-dominated world, tests never have the answers given freely. If you can afford it or if you are in one of those groups that are privileged. These are some of man's rules even though they are unlawful nonetheless they are rules that govern how things happen in this system of things.
I am sure it the workplace in South Korea and India, there are groups that make sure their kids get the nice positions, while a "token number" of normal high scorers are allowed in the door. You can see this when people in government jobs simply do not know their job. This is so unfair. We work around this in different ways, but it means they have to work harder and, in many cases, take time away from family to maintain or get that good job.
Man's way leaves people feeling empty on a regular basis. It leaves people with a false sense of security that is easily cracked and undermined. For myself, I was always very close to anger, frequently taking my frustrations out on my wife and children. In my family publicly it looked nice. But in reality it was rotten.
Now, I am following Jehovah's way (not perfectly) and I have a true sense of peace, meaning in life, I am no longer raging or close to intense anger. I often find myself using Jehovah's word when I am upset with my wife over something. THIS DOES NOT MEAN I DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES! However, peace is always with us. I am learning to not be so prideful, and assume I know a lot. I am in a mode of wanting to learn and use what I learn in a positive way.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment