Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A big vote in Gunsan next week.

Ok here is the scoop! In Gunsan a company has proposed the construction of a nuclear waste facility. Now of course this has raised many concerns among the residents here.
It has virtually split the city in two. There are the yellows (who are against construction, and carry yellow flags showing the nuclear symbol, with a red "X" through it or a red circle crossing out the nuclear symbol), they seem to be the most active in my opinion.

Then there are the greens, they are for the nuclear waste facility. They carry around green flags that promote the construction, saying things like the new facility will bring more investment into Gunsan.

Now the yellows are afraid of leaking waste, pollution, and the stigma that a nuclear waste facility might have on Gunsan. I mean...it is a WASTE facility, maybe a power plant might sound better? I dunno. But what i do know is that next week there will be a vote. Some people will take time off from Work, just to vote. If I am free that day I will lay low. Protest tend to get violent here.....and do not want to be hit by a flying object meant for the greens, or the yellows, or just a flying object in general..... I mean large flying objects (projectiles) just do not agree with me, if it is outside of a sport.

Not meantion I stand out.....I might make a nice juicy target!
I am very curious as to what changes such a facility will bring. Other Korean cities have not done well after such a facility was bulit....hmmm I wonder...Gunsan a ghost town?

Oh some good news! The dvd room that Yogita and I frequent is having a special event.
It is their 3rd year in business, and for that certain vip members, will be able to watch a free movie! WOOOHOOO. Go me go me go me go me!

Ok....this week I will have extra work.....oh well. We will buy some Indian clothes in Daejon next weekend. I wanted to go this weekend, but I want to chill at home, or maybe go to Outback Steak house.....Yogita's favorite place to eat out at! (and mine too!).

ok i gotta go~!

No comments: