Sunday, August 30, 2009

10 Years for me!!!!

Feels like it was just yesterday when i first arrived in Korea...i still remember the excitement...as a kid i would always look longingly every time an airplane flew overhead and ask my mother the same question every single time "when will it be my turn?" and she always ruffled my hair and answered "soon".

And then one day it was ...10 years ago....very hot day in India....it was a late night plane.....my father and my younger sister came to see me off.....it literally tore my heart to say goodbye to them....it was the first time i was on my own...just turned 20......it was exciting....

Together Jemal and I have seen so many changes in Korea....in the society, in people, in Gunsan...we are like living examples of how far Korea has come in 10 years....nothing stays the same...everything changes...change is a very essential part of life.

i have had good experience and bad...wonderful times and really tough times but it has all been good...memorable....i have been in Korea for 10 years...i like the food, the people...i am fluent in Korean ..i can relate to Korea and Koreans....i am not the same young girl of 20..i have changed and gained a lot more.......Amazing!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jeyo said...

Yeah, now Oct 13th is coming. I remember waaay back when we were in Apku-jeong in Seoul. Remember when we were in the store? I still remember that cheesy movie we watched while I ate ice cream.