Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Having fun people?

Some people just don't know how to really have fun, or perhaps it is just a differing view on what is considered fun.

For example, if you join a gym, people will go to specific stores which sell work out gear. This stuff is EXTREMELY expensive! 60 bucks for a shirt, or for a full set you might have to shell out 150 or more.

Instead tossing on a clean t-shirt, jogging pants, or perhaps a pair of shorts, people instead go all out. I mean, I guess I am just a simple person, or perhaps I am the boring one?

I mean people just get up and go! Of course we ought to stretch, and properly warm up, but dropping hundreds of bucks to ride a bike?! Or dropping thousands of dollars (Korea) to buy golf clubs?! Why not purchase second hand? (Of course I am talking about most people who get interested in a sport, not people who have spent years and years enjoying a sport or hobby).

You see the funny thing is this, stuff starts to collect dust. That barbell set, ends up in a corner, along with the those cyborg gloves that you bought with it. In addition the workout gear ends up as substitute thermal underwear.

I am guilty myself. When I first bought my car, I bought hundreds of dollars of "car care" products. Wax, compound, paint, wheel, and tire cleaners, and other stuff. Basically, I do use car paint to touch up scratches, minor dings, while WD40 helps with squeaky doors. But tire cleaners.....really they suck. They often cause a dark coloring on the wheel in summer (heat), leaving the wheels looking very dirty.

However, having engine oil, power steering oil, and coolant, this is nice to have.

Mayhap I will post some tips on car care that I have learned.

/tata

No comments: