It seems all around me people that I knew years ago are married, and have kids. I mean Yogita and I where the first, among most people we know. Its interesting to see these new parents cope with their new responsibilities. You see some getting so worked up and over protective, they end up not really living life. Then you have the couples who ONLY married due to their age, and social pressure. Those couples tend to pour all of their love on their children, not on each other. You end up with this strange scene of parents competing for their little ones adoration (well it seems strange to me).
I had one student who is not married, and that person is happy with the decision. I must say that I respect the decision not to marry if you feel it is not for you. Social pressure to do something, is usually just people who think they know what you need. Or rather you ought to do as they did, in order to be happy. You know the saying "birds of a feather...".
Still I see parents lavishing attention on children not realizing that their spouse is a very important part of the equation that makes a family work.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment