I rarely buy shoes. However, for the last weeks I have been walking at night around our neighborhood. I feel that it is better to get the exercise in around 11pm and finish at mid night. It works out better for our games (there is an event running). If we go later then I feel like I do not hve enough time for other things.
One thing Yogita and I both noticed was that our footwear needed upgrading. When we walked in our old walking shoes we could feel ground under our feet as if we were wearing socks. Long term that woud lead to many issues. So last weekend we got new walking shoes. The soles are so thick and they have a shock absorbent gel in the heel.
This week we should be able to walk faster (for me when I am alone I walk at abour 5.1km/hr with yogita is it up to 4 km/hr). If we can average 5.5 or 6km per hour we would only need 45 to 50 mins a night.
I have set our target range at 5km a night. So if we can go a bit faster we can be back home showering and getting ready to game or watch documentaries earlier. Friday is one day that is a bit challenging as Yogita is very busy on Saturdays. I have a work around which these shoes we got should be of great help.
Last week we averaged 6 kms a night.. I hope to stay at this level activity this week.
Ok time to go!
Distanced walked so for this month about 30 kms.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment