Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Some sad facts.

 Everyweek students must write a dairy entry. Sometimes they spill thier heart into it. You can catch a glimpse of thier soul. These kids come from famiies that are upper middle class to well off families. You would think that having that extra wealth would make these kids happy. They sport the latest smart phones, name brand clothes and very expensive back packs. They live in very nice apartments, and are driven around in high end cars. 

Yet, in thier diaries I read about parents wanting to see 100 points on every test. Kids overburdened with homework. Kids getting bullied and teachers just ignoring because they think it is "normal". Kids that when asked "What would like to do for the holiday tomorrow?" They usually answer I want to sleep. I then ask them do they dream when they sleep. These kids close thier eyes just to shut out the stress of thier lives. Sounds like an adult leading a family, or struggling with life's hardships. These poor kids. 

My son was feeling depressed because he wanted to fit in with the kids around him. He wanted to go to academies. I hope he understands (after I talked to him) more that these kids are in a grinder. They study more but actually do not really learn. They just memorize data and spit it back out. 

Yesterday we walked 5.49 kms. 

/tata

No comments: