It is so strange these days. Here in Korea the numbers of new positive corona viruses cases are dropping. They having dropped by roughly 50%. So this means that the community spread has been contained. It is time to learn to live with this thing rather than shut down peoples ability to earn money. Koreans really do follow the social distancing rules really well.
However, extending this lockdown is going to kill small businesses. People just want to live a normal life. I guess I can understand more how Americans in the States feel. Korea has more aid given to people during lockdowns (more is needed for small businesses).
In the large metro areas of South Korea many people in my line of work have been left out in the cold. It sucks. Also the reports of this variant strain and needless lockdowns is matching the memo I posted last week. Knock out small businesses and it will affect larger populations.
As of today if you look back 3 weeks in our area we have had maybe 5 new cases all of them linked the larger clusters from last month.
The thing about viruses is that some of them spread very fast. I told my boss last week that we all have already been exposed to it. Even he had to admit that here was a time last year when he felt mild flu like symptoms. Another friend of mine saw his business fail as the outbreak started.
I think we need lower the social distancing level back to 1 or 1.5. Level 2 as it is right now is hurting people needlessly. Lockdown effected areas for 2 weeks at time. I would even go so far as to limit movement in and out of those areas. Anyways just my 2 cents.
Walking was nice this week averaged about 6 kms a day during the workweek.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment