Musings Of An Inquisitive Soul!
Today as I was going to work...waiting to take the elevator down..two boys from next door...also waiting for the elevator...were animately talking...talking about games..normal...however, this is where it gets a bit strange..as soon as they got on the elevator..both of 'em started checking themselves out in the elevator mirror...one boy mentioned ..with a slight hint of panic in his voice...how he forgot to put sunscreen on before leaving his house...and bemoaned how his skin is going to turn dark now...OH NO!...the other boy laughed and then screamed...because...he just discovered two pimples on his face...THE END OF THE WORLD....and the punchline...these boys looked like 5th graders so around 12....LOL
Now, the fair skin craze is all over Asia..including India...but I have to say... I've met some of THE MOST self absorbent people in this country....constantly obsessing over their looks and complexion...no wonder Korea is the country of selfie mania and a plastic surgery haven.
I wonder how are they going to deal with the fact that soon most of their populous...including them...will be OLD....right now, no one wants to talk about it...the situation is not that bad yet....but what about a few years or a decade from now....when you look around and everyone around you is up there in age...your own skin is starting to wrinkle...hence all the anti-aging creams....well it can slow it down..maybe...but it CAN'T STOP it! sooner or later....probably sooner than later...people here have to wake up and smell the coffee....You CAN'T cheat nature...you CAN'T cheat life!
No comments:
Post a Comment