Well this day started out...waaaaay too long. There were some miscommunication and I had to arrive late for my class here. Ugh, but all is well, everyone here understood the problem.
Still it started off very long indeed. Yogita is getting better, and we decided to take a drive. We talked about all kinds of things. We went to Songtan and bought some items at the dollar store...well it also said Chon-won (1000 won) store in Korean. However, once inside ...it was very far from being a 1000 won store...guess the prices were pegged to the dollar. Still we found some useful items.
A friend here (new teacher) asked me if there was anything I might need from the States. Well, I got to thinking...what would I need? I love raisin bran but a nice trip to dae-chon will see us well stocked for about 2-3 months. Deodorant can also be gotten here. American...what things American would I need... Then it hit me! (insert light bulb here abu!)
Caffeine pills. Now these things are not for the faint of heart. However, imagine that you have a work day that regularly exceeds 10hrs. Sometimes 11, then you can see the need for a quick boost of caffeine power minus all the digesting you need to do with say green tea, or worse acid inducing coffee. So we both need that quick boost at least once in the day (last for about 4-5hrs). I bought like 2 bottles from Fred Meyers. Omorro warned me telling me that they left him feeling anxious, and on edge. But for me...they are great. Now I am not saying that I am on them 24/7 but a quick pick me up every now and then is very helpful.
That being said...I am going to take one now...loong day...bad thing for a Monday.
Oh and I and Yogita recently went shopping, and got some clothes for her. I will post some pics of her here..maybe later, or tomorrow.
We need more pictures here to be posted...so I will make sure on our next outing to bring our digital camera...OOPS! DSLR Camera...(that was for you Abu!!!)
Ok Omorro I know you must have been back or are getting back to Alaska now..I hope you had a great time!
tata
No comments:
Post a Comment