Yeah..it is time for upgrades...something that I have been thinking about for a long time. I basically want to put together a system with dual monitors...strong enough to handle all of today's games..and a few of tomorrows...uh..wait.. (*Jemal ponders that last statement..takes a sip of green tea....)
Uh...no it should be upgradeable...so then IF I want to try some of tomorrows games.
More importantly I want to be able to truly multitask, and be able to run ALOT of web cams. So I would be able to run 2 web cams from 1 PC. This would be chatting would...truly awesome. Web cams are so cheap these days...17inch LCD's are dirt cheap, ram and HDD are cheap. So waiting is really helping...because multi core cpus are what we need...no more 3.2ghz single cores....yuck! I want dual cores, or Quad core systems. There should be no lag, or sluggishness when switching between screens, or if I am working on screen I can run a program on the other...seamlessly.
I know it can be done...this computer...which is no wonder machine has a humble 1.66ghz turion x2 (AMD's dual core) Its cache is only 512k, with 2gigs of ddr2 ram. This system can handle web chatting (with video of course), and 2 games running at the same time (Eve, and lineage). I did this several times for testing pourposes...basically...it worked....smoothly. Well not 100%, there was some slight lag, and with out a second monitor....well...I was stuck alt/tabbing my way around...not fun.
ok it is a monday here...but we might get a long vacation during christmas, and new years...so..I am happy about that..no monday sickness for me!!
Tata!
No comments:
Post a Comment