I think one thing we can all agree on. We are not prepared are another outbreak of some pathogen to which we have no immunity. Heck some illnesses such as malaria still is a big killer today. We did not learn from SARS, or MERS. They were relatively small outbreaks. It caused panic, people did implement some measures. However, we did not envision what could happen if it spread like it did over 100 years ago. We did not learn from that experience.
As a teacher we are not able to properly social distance. I actually hate that term. We need to have a system where can we use the internet to do our jobs. Of course this means the overall bandwidth needs major upgrading everywhere. Even in Korea there were major lag issues when millions of students tried to access online study materials.
Working from home removes a layer of stress. The getting to the work place. Finding a parking place. What about the weather? These are just my musings. I think we need this. I mean look at America...4 million cases. Of course many have recovered, but even among them there are lasting effects from covid-19.
ok time to start the hump day!
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment