Saturday, February 20, 2021

The grass isn't greener it is the same shade..

We, humans, are constantly looking at each other and with envy, we look down on ourselves. We often feel that we are lacking something. One man lives in a large house so we should be like that man, or one-up him, and get an even larger house.

You see the guy who has the large house might be in debt up to his neck. Or, he doesn't really enjoy it, he is going to flip that property to try to make a profit with the current housing bubble. Both of those situations are STRESSFUL. 

We envy others at our own loss. We do not know the background to the "greener side". I remember one teacher getting annoyed that I a black teacher was making 20 percent more than he a white teacher earned. What he didn't know was that I was paid late. I would have to go after my salary every other month or so. I actually earned more than I told him. The background on that was I only saw my baby son for 30 minutes a day. Stressful. 

One of Yogita's students from a family that has a lot of money. Yet the child is always overhearing his parents fighting about ... money. They also must spend a lot of time keep that money-making ability running. The grass is not greener, it is just another shade of the same color. 

That happy couple might be happy for reasons that might bore you. Sometimes we need to chill out and figure out what makes us happy and feel fulfilled. 

/tata

Walked almost 3kms yesterday hoping to do more today!

No comments: