So months ago I am conducting a bible study. During the bible study, I hear an odd whirring that seems to be intermittent. Afterward, I ignore it and have a normal evening. However, these odd sounds keep getting more and more noticeable.
So I load up my diagnostic software and notice that the CPU is running a bit warm under load. I have a water-cooled CPU. This just should not be happening. So I realize that the sound is the fan slowing down due to lubrication burning out. Ok, fine I replaced the lubrication by spraying some wd40 like oil into the bearing of the motor.
It worked for serveral monthes. But a few weeks ago it started to make noise and slow down. Yesterday I noticed that the temps were just too hot! So, I used one of the case fans and swapped the bad cpu fan out. I was also able fix the issue I created when I unseated my RAM chips. I have 64 Gbs of DDR3 ram. However, I was only using about 32GBs because I had to remove RAM chips to get to the cpu fan during the first operation. I was able to reseat all of the RAM chips so I am back at 64Gbs of RAM. Also my CPU is running cooler than when I purchased it second hand in 2018. I will buy a new 120 mm Fan and put that on my CPU Radiator.I love using water cooling. It is easier to manage. Air cooling means more cleaning of dust than water cooling. Less time maintaining my system is a major plus! So next time I will replace the CMOS battery and CPU radiator fan. It will take only 20 minutes.
My computers specs are
CPU i7 4930k
64 GB of DDR3 RAM
GTX 1060 6GB I will be upgrading this more.
750 Watt branded PSU
The motherboard has two cooling fans on it.
2 TB of SSD (3 drives) I will be upgrading this more.
two ethernet adapters. One is wireless.
Ok time to go!
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment