Well we had a nice weekend, well...Yogita and I had a VERY exciting time out together. I feel so bad for my best friend because, I feel he should do the same with his wife. He called me Saturday night....I knew from the get go that he had already drank too much. He likely wanted to meet up with me, and well...lets just say once he gets to that point it is best if he heads home.
Our Saturday was nice, we watched some movies, the boys enjoyed more documentaries. I can not drive my car until I get the battery situation worked out. Basically it needs to be recharged. If I can find some multi purpose device that can also give a car battery a trickle charge, I will buy that, and service my own batteries at home.
You see Car batteries is a weird tech to have in a world with li-ion batteries. I am pretty sure a smaller sized LI- ion battery could jump start a car plenty of times, while using the alternator to give it a low level charge like a USB port on a pc does. It is basically what the alternator does with a lead acid battery. While you drive the car it provides a low level trickle like charge that replaces what the battery used to start to car. The alternator is not a battery charger!! Something that I am learning more and more every day. It provides the electricity to run the car, while allowing the battery to "recover" some of the energy it used to start to the car.
The battery pack I have allows me to start my car 20 times. It recharges at home in 3 hours. So if you treat it like a cell phone battery you would not even need a big heavy lead acid battery. I am sure it is more complicated than that. For example the money it would take to change car designs, electrical systems, and even a proper charging system for a li-ion battery pack. Too many drivers today will not be happy to have to charge yet another device..especially something that starts your car.
So I want another piece of tech that would allow me to maintain my battery at home on a biannual basis, but it would have some other useful function as well... I know something is out there...I just need to find it!
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment