Friday, March 12, 2021

 Live Your Life!


I was talking about how Jemal and I like to do things together...how we have so much fun together...in fact, given a choice..we would choose to hang out with just each other, instead of with other people....

Now, on average, most people tell us how we are an unusual couple because we like to spend time together...or how we are so LUCKY because we like the same things...I hate and cringe a little every time I hear the latter statement...because let me tell you, just for the record....it's not easy and it's definitely NOT Luck...Believe it or not, we WORK on our relationship...we take time to listen to each other ...to talk and to spend time with each other.

I think the difference is that we Don't Care about how other's may perceive how we live our lives...or how society and culture dictate, how we should do things...or simply what other people think we should or shouldn't do...

We do what we think is right...what works for us.....not saying that it's the right way...just saying it's the JeYo way...it works for us...we are happy because our priorities are our kids and each other...staying together...spending time with each other...

I think if more people stopped comparing (and/or) competing and just lived their lives...did what works for them...they will be happier!

Live your life...do what makes you happy...Stop existing, Start Living!

No comments: