These days our oldest George has been going on nightly walks / jogs for a couple of weeks. For Yogita and I this is a great time to talk, to communicate. To get to know each other better. We hash out problems. We make plans update and modify plans.
Sometimes the weather does not cooperate. In the winter it meant walking very slowly. Yogita slipped sometimes, fortunately she did not get hurt. It was not as enjoyable due to having to map out each step.
Now that we are in spring the issue is rain. One of the things I like about Iksan is that the weather is far tamer than that of Gunsan. Here it was drizzling when we left the house. However, as I got closer to the school I work at, it stopped. Gunsan it would have been drizzling, with heavy downpours all day. To that mix you have to add very strong winds too. This makes being out doors in Gunsan potentially dangerous.
So we have a plan to deal with rain. In convenience stores in our area they sell one use rain coats. Of course they are not really one use. That is marketing. These raincoats are made of plastic. So if dried and stored in a dry area after use they can be reused. We have a couple of them in our "walking" backpack. We will use them tonight. It will look odd but who cares?
We have been walking on average about 38 km a week. I have seen that now my pants literally hang on me. My shirts are oversized now. Yogita has seen remarkable weight lose. She looks like she is shrinking! LOL
Ok I have to go and troll second hand car websites.
/tata
No comments:
Post a Comment