Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Miles To Go Before I Sleep....

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there's some mistake.

The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

I love poems...I think poetry somehow manages to express how you feel and your inner most thoughts without sounding CHEESY!

I love this poem simple and yet so unique....we all feel just staying in a moment forever...we wish at times if time would just stop and we could seize and etch a particular moment in the innermost depths of our heart and in doing so preserve it somehow only to realize that it can't be....soon enough we realize all these other things we NEED to do and loose that moment....

some of us can never enjoy the here and now because we are so caught up in the past or the future(Yogita looks guilty)..the Bible tells us not to worry about our future: “Tomorrow will look after itself.”—Matthew 6:34.

Let's enjoy the small, tiny seemingly insignificant moments in our lives!!!!

No comments: