Monday, March 09, 2009

A new car vs second hand

Hi all, yeah it is a monday. It sucks..but it is almost over. I read an article on Yahoo news about the very topic of this post. Lets put it like this. With so many cars out there buying new vs buying old, the price gap is closing. Looking at the Korean market you can see this in different ways.

Basically automakers here really lack innovation. The designs are either from Japan, or old Europen designs (late 90's). Now still some cars are from Japan, and Austrialia.

So locally prices have taken a huge dive! It is really isnt a good idea to buy new in Korea. Unless you are not worried about depreciation (very sharp). Cars bought today will see thier value drop about 10% AS SOON AS YOU SIGN YOU NAME.

Since last year when gasoline prices shot up to 142 bucks a barrels, Large cars have dropped (second hand) below what their value is actually. For example my car would have been about double what I actually paid for it. However, once that huge increase happened ...instant 50% discount. This has me looking at cars I would not have considered before.

Ugh, I am rambling. Basically if you buy a new car, remember get it with ALL OF THE OPTIONS THAT YOU CAN. Cause it is just a good idea.....whew.....Mondays....

Oh yesterday we had raw fish!

tata

1 comment:

Jeyo said...

yeah it's so nice to have all those options..oh and the raw fish was DELICIOUS!!!!