Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh yeah!

So I might be heading back to Gunsan for classes. I hope so. I really miss Gunsan. However, on same note...I really like Seo-chon. You can see what Gunsan looked like about 10 years ago. Pretty much.....village like! People are so...open. They tend to be more polite, down to earth, and not in the "rush rush", of modern day life.

Tonight I asked my adult students, what would they use any stimulus money for if the Korean government offered it.

The reply was quite simple. Most would use it for everyday things. Buying food, fuel for the cars, paying bills. Single people said...they would just save it.


Now on relaying this to you all here, I must ask! "Do we really need to have pac man spending habits?"

Basically this means buying the newest item even though we really do not need it.
Look at cell phones. Micheal, Yogita, and I are the only ones in India, and the USA that have smart phones. Our phones have been outdated. Basically, newer models have come out with, not listen carefully please..a "few" new options. Usually these few "new" options are not enough to really justify the purchase of a new smart phone. Basically a smart phone is a computer (PDA), and a phone. I can surf the net, and call people. While being able to make power point presentations, and word documents...and...well alot more.

SO when a new edition comes out...in these hard economic times...it is an easy choice to just say...NO to a new purchase. What this means is that the world economy will enter (I feel that it already has) a depression. Forget the talk of a recession folks. We are seeing a global depression because mankind, society, whatever you want to call this world, HAS LOST FAITH IN THE SYSTEM. Banks no longer have trust in the fact that people will pay back long term loans. So that means houses, and cars are not being purchased.

In short we are seeing the first steps. Just wait....we will see in the long run what pac man type economics have brought us. Pac man economics is based on a "I need it now" attidude! However, there comes a time when all of this falls apart. We are seeing it now. Man is not meant to rule man. Look in your bible folks.

Democracy has proven that it is not the answer to mans woes.

Tata!!

No comments: