I have been thinking about this particular topic today. We have to work with and around certain people who are very envious of us. I usually use jealousy and envy as synonyms but i found out that they are actually different.
Jealousy differs from envy in that jealousy is about something one has and is afraid of losing, while envy refers to something one does not have and either wants to acquire or to prevent another from acquiring.
Jealousy as an emotion or the impact of jealousy has been a theme of many novels, songs, poems, films and other artistic works. But, regardless it is a very negative emotion no matter how much people glorify or beautify it. And it can be dangerous...an envious person will go out of their way to make you unhappy and get you down. The Scripture tells us:
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these." Galatians 5:19-21
I usually ignore such people....in my off time i find an empty classroom and read my book...i avoid getting into conversations with them and keep my own counsel...i have had some bad experiences so now i'm wise to the game(jemal's Counsel has been invaluable) so i either nip it in the bud or ignore them....Actually the more i use Jemal as my shield the more they leave me alone(LOL...I Love my HANDSOME bodyguard)
I have come a long way...before i would just take all the nonsense and cry but Jemal taught me otherwise....so know it's smooth sailing! Thankyou Jema!!!
Lets continue leading our lives according to the scripture:
"If we are living by spirit, let us go on walking orderly also by spirit. Let us not become egotistical, stirring up competition with one another, envying one another." Galatians 5:25-26
" Let a rotten saying not proceed out of YOUR mouth, but whatever saying is good for building up as the need may be, that it may impart what is favorable to the hearers." ephesians1:29
1 comment:
Wow, ...This very very true. When people in Korea say "I am Jealous of you". Right away warning bells go off in my head. Jealousy is a form of hate. There is no love in Jealousy. So...what does that leave. A form of hate. Envy is just as bad. You are looking at your nieghbor thinking...wow what he or she has is more than what I have. That is so far from the truth. Actually, he or she is working VERY VERY hard. Gal. what a good book to look at. The fruitages of the spirit. We also learn what to look out for.
So once again. If you see a happy couple...wish them well. Pray for them...but do not hate them. Do not envy them. Trust me..the grass is NOT greener on the otherside. It is different. A slightly different shade of green, that you have on your lawn. I am hungry now. I will make a post then..perhaps have some strawberries. 2009 will have have a record number of post from us. Will you all post, and give us your opinions? Your thoughts? Your Musings? I hope so. For in communication one can gain much. Where there is no talking, or exchanging of views, in a respectful way....there is only emptyness.
tata
Post a Comment